Scrub Jay Festival Means Family Fun -- Sat. Feb. 4th
The 3rd Annual Scrub Jay Festival will be held this Saturday, Feb. 4, from 9 am to 5 pm at Oscar Sherer State Park, six miles south of Sarasota. Around the Bend Nature Tours is sponsoring activities for children:
- Take a Hike with Around the Bend: Kids Trail Hikes at 10:15, 11:15, 2:15 & 3:15
- Make a Scrub Jay Mask with Manatee County Natural Resources
- Plant an Acorn and bring it home thanks to Florida Native Plant Society
- Make a Gopher Tortoise or a Scrub Jay with the Friends of Legacy Trail
- Dig for a cache of acorns with Sarasota County Natural Resources
- Make a pollinator home with the Suncoast Beekeepers
- Create a Scrub Habitat Mural with Camp Bayou Outdoor Learning Center
Florida Forest Service will have a Fire Truck display and Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge will have a kids stamp activity. Other family activites include tram tours of the scrub-jay habitat, guided nature walks, a panel discussion, music and more. Environmental groups will have exhibits on topics of interest. Admission is free and food will be available for purchase.
Call (863) 386-6094 for more information.