Sarasota County seeking nominations for naming of Walton Ranch site
SARASOTA COUNTY – The Board of County Commissioners is asking the public to submit names for the Walton Ranch site (environmental land in east Sarasota County). Ideas must be submitted by 5 p.m. on March 16. The land will be named for one or more of the following:
- Geographic Location: clearly located or associated with a distinct portion of the county
- Historical Value: specific historical value or significance to the County
- Individual or Group: must fulfill at least one of the following:
- A well-known, elected, appointed or volunteer community leader.
- An individual or group who has positively influenced a large populace of the county through a significant contribution of money, time or material.
- An individual or group who had a major involvement in the acquisition or development of the facility.
- An individual or group whose civic leadership contributed to the betterment of the community.
Please submit your nominations via email to email@example.com or by mail to the address below. You'll need to include your contact information with your submission and explain how the name meets the name selection criteria. You may attach any necessary documentation you feel necessary. Any resident or group located in Sarasota County may submit proposed names.
If you have any questions, please call Brie Ondercin at 941-861-5000.
Mail submittals to:
Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources
Walton Ranch Site - Name Submission - Brie Ondercin
1660 Ringling Blvd., 5th Floor
Sarasota, FL 34236