Venice Area Audubon Society invites participation in Great Backyard Bird Count
What: 19th Annual Great Backyard Bird Count
When: February 12-15, 2016
Where: Your backyard (or wherever you are)
Join in! Count the birds in your local park, around your pond, along your creek or wherever you spot a bird—and submit your observations online at birdcount.org.
• It’s easy! You do not need to be an expert.
• Record the birds you see—any time of the year, anywhere
• Contribute to science and conservation
• Keep track of your own bird list
• Create your own "Hotspot"
• eBird is one of the largest data resources in existence
• 9.5 million bird observations in May 2015 alone
Charlie Sample will teach a series of bird identification classes at the Venice Audubon Center on Mondays, January 4, 11, 18, and 25, from 2 to 4 p.m. A hands-on field trip will also be part of the agenda. To reserve your place, call the Venice Audubon Center at 941-496-8984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone is welcome and the classes are free.
On Monday, February 1, 2016, Bob Clark will be teaching people how to use eBird the online website where people post their individual bird counts.