"Celebrate our Ancient Waters" on January 27th at Warm Mineral Springs from 3:00-6:00 p.m. at the 3rd Annual Historic Preservation Coalition of Sarasota County social. This event is hosted by the Warm Mineral Springs/Little Salt Spring Archaeological Society, the Friends of Little Salt Spring, and the management team at Warm Mineral Springs.
The highlights feature: a catered dinner by Chef Ted Weinberger and the Evergreen Café.
For ticket information, please contact Kate Cattran at 426-9345.
- Introductory presentation on the research history and archaeology of Warm Mineral Springs by Archaeologist Steve Koski
- Presentation by Keynote Speaker Dr. John Gifford, University of Miami Marine Archaeologist and Director of Research at Little Salt Spring, who will present findings from his more than 20 years of research at Little Salt Spring
- Raffle of a beautiful hand-crafted replica of the Archaic greenstone pendant found at Little Salt Spring in 2005
- Silent auction and door prize
- Tickets are $30.00 and include a day pass to Warm Mineral Springs so you can enjoy the spring waters at a later date
- 100% of net proceeds will go to Warm Mineral Springs/Little Salt Spring Archeology Society and the Friends of Little Salt Spring in support of their historic preservation, education, and research efforts.