“Reclaiming Phillippi Creek”: An event for the whole family
A forum for friends and neighbors to learn, chat, and play on the creek
Where: South Gate Community Center, 3145 Southgate Circle, Sarasota
When: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 10 a.m. – noon
Outside Activities for Children!
Sarasota Bay Watch touch tank, shell necklace making, creating plant plugs, creek fishing tips, children’s book reading, and more!
Inside Adult Education and Discussion
Learn about and discuss Phillippi Creek with Water Stewards, Sarasota County Government, UF/IFAS Extension and Sustainability, Mote Marine Laboratory, Science & Environmental Council, and local realtors.
• The Phillippi Creek Watershed — 10:05 and 11:05 a.m.
• Fish of Phillippi Creek — 10:15 and 11:15 a.m.
• Real Estate Value of Phillippi Creek — 10:25 and 11:25 a.m.
• The Health Status of Phillippi Creek — 10:35 and 11:35 a.m.
• Panel Discussion — 10:45 and 11:45 a.m.
An Equal Opportunity Institution. UF/IFAS Extension, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, Nick T. Place, dean for UF/IFAS Extension.
Sarasota County prohibits discrimination in all services, programs or activities. View the complete policy at
For more information, call 941-861-9818 or email
Please RSVP at
http://bit.ly/reclaimthecreek or use the link below.